YK MYK JOBS RECOVERY TO BE SLOW AND WORKING POVERTY TO RISE SHARPLY OPINION Rs. 5 RANCHI SATURDAY, 5 JUNE, 2021 PG-12, YEAR—11, ISSUE—32 (RNI NO: JHAENG / 2012 / 44137) ONE OF THE BEST SET OF CLAY-COURT SEASON, SAYS NADAL SPORTS Morning India RBI keeps interest rate unchanged; to maintain accommodative stance Cabinet nod to hand over liquor trade to pvt parties RAJ KUMAR RANCHI: Now special right to sell liquor will not be limited to Jharkhand State Beverage Corporation Limited (JSBCL). The decision was taken in a cabinet meeting. It was decided that for the sale of liquor the old system, which existed before 2010, will be adopted under which businessmen and companies will do wholesale marketing of liquor. JSBCL had been constituted in 2010 and special rights were given to it for the sale of countrymade and Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL). Apart from this, the cabinet took decisions on 32 matters. One of the important decisions included relief to rural domestic power consumers. It was decided that under one-time settlement KEY DECISIONS 30-year lease to Rungta Mines in Saraikela. The company has been granted a lease of 28 acres on the payment of lease rent of Rs 4.63 crore in Kuju village in Raj Nagar of Saraikela district and 40.44 acre. Apart from this, the company was given land on lease at three more places. Honorarium of midday meal cook and helper increased by Rs 500 scheme, delayed payment surcharge will be waived in case rural consumers clear dues in four instalments. The Army canteen store to get VAT-free liquor Approval for 100 MW power plant at Getalsud Approval for reimbursement of education and medical expenditure of high court judges Seventh pay scale of RIMS doctors approved 1.194 acre land for special railway line in Nirsa approved cabinet, however, did not give this facility to those consumers against whom any legal action is pending. NO DECISION ON GRANTING INDEMNITY YET: GOVT NEW DELHI: No decision on granting indemnity to any foreign or Indian Covid vaccine-manufactures has been taken yet, the government said Friday, underlining these decisions are to be taken "in the interest of nation and people". NITI Aayog member (Health) Dr V K Paul's statement came over the issue of offering indemnity to Indian COVID-19 vaccine-manufacturers. He said the issue has come up in the context of foreign companies, specifically Pfizer, and that CBSE FORMS PANEL TO DECIDE CRITERIA FOR PREPARING CLASS 12 RESULTS NEW DELHI: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Friday constituted a 12-member committee to decide welldefined objective criteria for the evaluation of Class 12 students. As per the CBSE notification, the committee formed under Vipin Kumar, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Education, will submit its report within 10 days. "In view of the uncertain conditions due to COVID and the feedback obtained from various stakeholders, it was decided that Class XII Board Examination of CBSE would not be held this year. It was also decided that CBSE will take steps to compile the results of class XII students as per well-defined objective criteria in a time-bound manner," CBSE said. Notification added that the Committee will be informed shortly about the schedule of the first meeting. the government is engaging with the US pharma major and others making such a demand. "In principle, they (foreign manufacturers) expect indemnity to be given. This is what they have said has been the case all over the world. We have also checked with other countries and the World Health Organization. "Yes, indeed they have supplied vaccines only after such indemnities have been given but there is no decision at the moment," Paul told a press conference. CHOKSI SLIPS AWAY FROM INDIA'S CLUTCH AGAIN NEW DELHI: After a Dominican High Court adjourned the hearing in fugitive businessman Mehul Choksi's case, the eight member team of CBI, ED and MEA are now en route to India, without the diamond jeweller that duped millions in the PNB multicrore fraud. The next hearing has been adjourned in the matter to June 14. On Thursday, Dominican High Court Judge Bernie Stephenson adjourned the habeas corpus hearing of Choksi, who is wanted in India in the Rs 13,500 crore PNB fraud case. It was adjourned to allow lawyers for Choksi and the Dominican govt to agree on the language to be used with respect to the injunction filed to prevent his removal from Dominica. India will be a ‘significant recipient’ of US vaccines: Envoy WASHINGTON: India will be a "significant recipient" of US vaccines, the country's envoy here has said as President Joe Biden announced details of his administration's decision to send 25 million COVID-19 shots to countries across the globe. US President Joe Biden on Wednesday announced that the US will allocate 75 per cent - nearly 1.9 crore of the first tranche of 2.5 crore doses - of unused COVID-19 vaccines from its stockpile through the UN-backed COVAX global vaccine sharing programme to countries in South and Southeast Asia as well as Africa. The move is part of his administration's framework for sharing 80 million (8 crore) vaccines globally by the end of June. According to a White House fact sheet, nearly 19 million vaccines will be shared through COVAX. Of these approximately six million for South and Central America to the following countries: Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Costa Rica, Peru, Ecuador, Paraguay, Bolivia, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Panama, Haiti, and other Caribbean Community (CARICOM) coun- CORONA METER INDIA TOTAL CASES: 2,86,64,375 TOTAL DEATH: 3,42,280 WORLD TOTAL CASES: 173,090,239 TOTAL DEATH: 3,720,940 tries, as well as Dominican Republic. the Vice President Kamala Harris personally made a call to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday to inform him about the administration's decision. I deeply appreciate the assurance of vaccine supplies to India as part of the US Strategy for Global Vaccine Sharing. I also thanked her for all the support and solidarity from the US government, businesses and Indian diaspora, the prime minister said in a tweet. Officials in New Delhi said that Modi and Harris discussed ongoing efforts to strengthen the health supply chain. Purchase of indigenous air defence guns, ammo worth Rs 6K cr cleared NEW DELHI: In a boost for the air defence system, the Defence Ministry on Friday approved the proposals concerning modernisation of its the Army's air defence guns. The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), in its meeting chaired by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, has approved proposals concerning capital acquisitions of various equipment for modernisation and operational needs of the armed forces amounting to approx Rs 6,000 crore. Noting that there was a long-pending need of the Indian Army for modernisation of its air defence guns, the Defence Ministry said: "These had been earlier procured only from foreign sources. With the continued thrust of the Ministry of Defence towards 'AtmaNirbhar Bharat' and 'Make in India', an enthusiastic response from about a dozen Indian companies was received." All of them have expressed their willingness and commitment to manufacture this complex gun system and associated equipment by ensuring technology assimilation in India, it said. Accordingly, the DAC accorded approval of procurement of air defence guns and ammunition at an INSIDE GOVT CLEARS PROJECT TO BUILD SIX CONVENTIONAL SUBMARINES PAGE 5 approximately cost of Rs 6,000 crore under the Buy and Make (Indian) category. Further to better equip the armed forces to meet the operational challenges and facilitate faster induction of required arms and ammunitions, the DAC extended the timelines for progressing urgent capital acquisitions under the delegated powers to the armed forces upto August 31, 2021. This will enable the armed forces to complete their emergent and critical acquisitions. The Defence Ministry had earmarked around 64 per cent of its modernisation funds under the capital acquisition budget for 202122 -- a sum of over Rs 70,000 crore -- for purchases from the domestic sector. It was an increase from 202021, when a capital budget allocation for domestic vendors was first made. At 58 per cent, this came to an amount of Rs 52,000 crore. MUMBAI: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Friday left key interest rates unchanged at record lows as it reiterated its commitment to keep its monetary policy accommodative, to help the economy recover from the world's worst outbreak of COVID-19 infections. It also lowered its forecast for the country's economic growth to 9.5 per cent for the current financial year ending March 31, 2022, from the previous estimate of 10.5 per cent. The six-member monetary policy committee headed by Governor Shaktikanta Das voted unanimously for keeping repo rate - RBI's key lending rate - unchanged at 4 per cent, and the reverse repo rate - the borrowing rate - at 3.35 per cent. "The MPC was of the view that at this juncture policy support from all sides is required to gain the momentum of growth that was evident in the second half of 2021, and to nurture the recovery after it has taken root," Das said. It decided to retain an accommodative policy stance "as long as necessary to revive and sustain growth on a durable basis and continue to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on the economy", signaling there is still room to cut rates further. WEATHER TODAY MAX 32 C MIN 24 C Rainfall may occur. AT A GLANCE CBI DIRECTS STAFF TO WEAR FORMALS ON DUTY RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das addresses during a press conference in Mumbai on Friday. ANI CENTRAL BANK LOWERS GDP GROWTH PROJECTION TO 9.5 PC FOR 2021-22 MUMBAI: The Reserve Bank on Friday lowered the country's growth projection for the current financial year to 9.5 per cent from 10.5 per cent estimated earlier, amid uncertainties created by the second wave of the coronavirus pandemic. Addressing the media after the meeting of the Monetary Policy Committee, RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das said the sudden rise in COVID-19 infections, and fatalities has impaired the near nascent recovery that was underway, but has not snuffed it out. The impulses of growth are still alive, he said, and added that the aggregate supply conditions have shown resilience in the face of the second wave. The RBI Governor said the RBI will "continue to think and act out of the box", planning for the worst and hoping for the best. NEW DELHI: New CBI Director Subodh Kumar Jaiswal has directed all officials of the agency to be dressed in formals on duty, warning them that casual dressing will not be allowed. In an order issued by the Deputy Director Administration, it has been made clear that while all male staff should be dressed in trousers, collared shirts and formal shoes with proper shaving, female staffers will wear suits, sarees, formal shirts and trousers. "No jeans, Tshirts, sports shoes, chappals and casual attire is allowed in the office," the order said.